The taste and flavor of butternut squash is so delicate and pure that sometimes I don't want to mix it with anything else! This soup recipe which is super easy to prepare brings out that flavor, the smoothness and delicateness of butternut squash. It's a perfect first course for a meaty or strong second dish! Remove the milk & cheese and your going to have a perfect vegan recipe. Enjoy x
Serves 4 People
- 1 kg peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 500 mili liter milk
- 600-650 mili liter water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cajun powder
- fontana cheese
- caramelized butternut squash chips
- Peel and chop the butternut squash, place them on a pot on medium-high heat. Add the water and the milk and bring to boil. Be careful with the milk because is going to boil fast.
- When it starts to boil, add bay leaves, salt, chili powder and cajun powder, mix all well. Cover and simmer on low-medium heat until the butternut squash is cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Taste the soup and add seasoning if needed. Cook for 5 more minutes and
- Serve hot with crispy butternut squash chips and some fontina cheese.